The Vail Board of Realtors® currently has one available position.
Multiple Listing Service (MLS) Director
The MLS Director is responsible for managing the daily operations and activities of the Multiple Listing Service, and oversees related systems and services including the Sentrilock, the Broadcast Email, and RETS systems. The MLS Director is the primary liaison to the VMLS Board of Directors and all VMLS specific committees. The MLS Director works closely with the VMLS Chair and the VBR AE to ensure VMLS goals and objectives are achieved through annual strategic planning, periodic monitoring, and adherence to governance.
- Responsible for management of the daily activities and operations of the MLS
- Possesses full knowledge of the MLS Rules and Regulations, lockbox rules and regulations, and policies and procedures
- Oversight and administration of customer service and satisfaction for all MLS services and products delivered
- Builds the organization and processes capable of delivering services including procurement
- Manages and assists in preparation of annual MLS budget
- Plans and ensures the successful implementation, maintenance and operation of an MLS system that meets the ongoing needs of its users
- Supervises, maintains and evaluates contracts, products and partnership with MLS vendors
- Ensures contract compliance
- Identifies and successfully resolves MLS listing problems
- Plans oversees and assists with the development of MLS programs, policies and procedures
- Responsible for all MLS training for current members, new members and staff
- Facilitates and directs MLS committee or board
- Presents products and services to the appropriate committee and/or staff for review
- Works with vendors and providers of desired products throughout the negotiation and implementation process
- Plans and directs the strategy to comply with regulatory requirements and relevant industry trends
- Responsible for data quality assurance
- Works closely with other internal and external groups on resolving product escalations
- Directs MLS projects and communications
- Oversees MLS technical product support
- All other duties as assigned by Association Executive
- Bachelor’s degree highly recommended
- Proficient in technology, computer programs
- At least two years of experience in the real-estate business, or a vast knowledge thereof
- Highly effective at “multi-tasking”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Business acumen – aligns work with strategic goals. Conducts cost-benefit analyses. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Displays orientation to profitability. Understands business implications of decisions.
- Exceptional customer service and support skills
- A good team player
This is a Full-Time position Monday-Friday schedule. Salary will depend on experience. Benefits include paid-time-off, 11 paid holidays, full health insurance coverage, a Simple IRA with 3% match, and wellness benefit. This position will be open until filled.